Yamaha and Descente Join Forces for New Streetwear Range
The new range of unisex streetwear polo shirts, pants and jackets is offered by Japanese clothing company and Yamaha Factory Racing Team sponsor, Descente. The clothing will be marketed as Yamaha’s ‘Off the Track’ collection.
The ‘Off the Track’ collection from Descente, marks Yamaha’s first venture into the rapidly-growing streetwear clothing segment for Yamaha.
Stylish cuts combined with strategically-placed and understated Yamaha branding, provide an opportunity for Yamaha fans to display their allegiance to the Yamaha brand with an off-track style to match the company’s on-track success.
To view the range or purchase online visit ShopYamaha.
History of Descente
- Established in 1935 to develop a range of quality skiwear
- Company logo depicts the three basic skiing techniques; traverse, schuss and side-slip
- Descente’s early range of performance wear was quickly adopted by the Japanese, Canadian, Swiss and Spanish Olympic teams
- Continued product development resulted in Descente expanding its interests into other sporting fields, including cycling, athletics and motor racing, and now, high-quality streetwear.
- In 2015, Descente became the official supplier of team uniforms to the MotoGP Yamaha Factory Race Team
- The 2019 Yamaha/Descente collaboration to produce the ‘Off the Track’ range marks Yamaha’s inaugural moves into the streetwear clothing space